It’s easy to pile on the pounds when your job means sitting at a desk all day. So we have rounded up some tips to help you maintain your weight while at work.
Pack your lunches
– Make your lunch with lots of protein and vegetables and lay off the carbs- high protein- low carb will keep you satisfied throughout the day rather than giving you that mid-afternoon slump.
– Make them fun- by purchasing a new lunchbox, a range of Tupperware tubs for lots of healthy foods and snacks and a large water bottle to keep you hydrated.
– Make your lunch the night before so you don’t rush and put any old lunch in your bag in the morning.
Choose healthy options when eating out
– If you have a business lunch or are celebrating a co-workers birthday choose sensibly.
– Take a look at the menu before you go and decide on a healthy option before you sit down and don’t deviate.
Pack healthy snacks
– Take fruit and vegetables to work as snacks- leave out the chocolate and crisps.
– Limit yourself to 200 calorie snacks-if you don’t keep check your snacks can amount to the same as a small meal.
– Don’t succumb to the temptation of vending machines or bowls of sweets.
– Say ‘no’ to a piece of birthday cake from your colleague who’s celebrating.
Drink lots of water
– If you’re feeling peckish you’re probably thirsty not hungry, so reach for your water bottle or go to the water cooler. You should be drinking 6-8 glasses a day, so give yourself a head start at work.
– Make sure you drink plenty in the afternoon- as that’s when you can get groggy – water will keep you alert for round two.
– Avoid fizzy drinks, they may give you a temporary boost but you will soon regret it when the sugar dip happens.
Remove bad things from your desk
– Put lots of good snacks in your desk drawer and crowd out the bad stuff.
– List the snacks you’ll be having during the week so you can plan ahead and avoid temptation.